Skip to main content

Solitude vs loneliness

Some days carry a heaviness that words cannot fully explain. For years now, I’ve felt a quiet loneliness — not the kind where you have no one, but the kind where you have everything around you, yet something inside feels empty. A solitary soul, or maybe just a mind that gets tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed for a few minutes before finding its balance again.


Today started like that — a strange, heavy feeling.

I needed to go to the hospital. My body was tired, the pain was real, and I couldn’t escape it this time. Usually, I try to avoid hospitals altogether. They remind me of things I don’t want to remember. Still, I needed money to go.

When I asked her, she paused. Not out of rejection, not out of resentment — just because of human moment of thinking(?), of processing. Life isn’t always smooth for any of us. She said she would borrow it from a friend and send it. And I don't felt angry, but appreciate that. Truly.

But meanwhile, I asked another friend… and she sent the money immediately, without a single question or hesitation. It surprised me — that quiet kind of kindness that comes from people who don’t make noise about it.

The hospital visit came and went. People, patients, doctors, nurses the place is rushing, still not as usual according to the friends. Painful, tiring, but done.

Later that night, after the discharge, we went for a friend’s birthday celebration. A strange contrast — from hospital beds to laughter, cake, and casual conversation. But life is like that, a mix of sharp edges and soft corners.

We ended up talking about loneliness — how it hides behind smiles, responsibilities, careers, families, and routines. I wanted to say my own truth: that sometimes I feel deeply lonely even when I have everything — work, friends, responsibilities, knowledge. Yet the words stayed inside me.

But soon, in a lighter moment, I spoke about something funny and philosophical — “the gentleman’s escape from Madagascar.” A simple line, yet it felt like a metaphor for life: sometimes you want to escape somewhere far, even if you don’t say it out loud. Even if it’s just for a moment.

Tonight, as I write this, I realize something.

Loneliness doesn’t mean we are unloved.

Silence doesn’t mean we are forgotten.

And people who take a moment to respond are not our enemies — they are simply human.

Maybe I’m not truly lonely.

Maybe I am just learning to understand myself in moments when the world feels too heavy.

And maybe — just maybe — the quiet connections, the unexpected kindness, the late-night conversations, and even the hospital visits are all part of the journey of being alive.

Still can't sleep..what next to write?? ✍️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Resilience of the Human Body: A Testament to Nature's Perfection

In our daily lives, we often take for granted the remarkable abilities of our bodies to endure and adapt to the world around us. It's not until a tiny speck of dust lands on our table, or we encounter discomfort, that we pause to consider the remarkable design of our biological systems. Our bodies are, in many ways, a testament to the perfection of nature, capable of defending against external pollutants and maintaining homeostasis under various environmental conditions. The human body is an intricate and highly sophisticated biological machine, comprised of numerous systems working in harmony to ensure our survival and well-being. One of the most remarkable aspects of our design is our immune system, which acts as a vigilant guardian against external pollutants, harmful microorganisms, and foreign substances. When a small speck of dust lands on our skin or is inhaled, our immune system immediately springs into action. Macrophages and other immune cells engulf and neutralize the in...

sathyam - the truths

ദൈവത്തെ കുറിച്ച് നല്ലത് വിചാരിക്കുക, അപ്പോളാണ് അവന്‍ നമ്മെ കുറിച്ച് സംത്രിപ്തനകുന്നത്. അതെ പോലേ ജനങ്ങളെ കുറിച്ചും, അപ്പോള്‍ അവരുമായി നല്ല ആത്മബണ്ടാവും ഉണ്ടാകും. Allah ...He is.. The First: Nothing is before Him. The Last: Nothing is After Him. The Most High: Nothing is Above Him. The Most Near: Nothing is beyond His Reach. He Begets Not, Nor was He Begotten. The Creator, Provider, and All-Rich. The All-Seer, The All-Knower. He is One and Self-Sufficient. He is not Nature, or any part of it. He ascended above His Throne, High above the Seven Skies. No Vision can encompass Him, but His Grasp is over all vision...

Let's resist

 What exactly does power mean when it comes to providing justice? America and Britain are attempting to relocate a group of people who were displaced by European colonialism and haulocast into a small country called Palestine by settlement crimes. They label the native inhabitants, the true citizens of that land, as terrorists when they resist such actions by America and the UK. The world watched silently as atrocities unfolded until a point where even some Israeli citizens began to comprehend the truth. Journalism plays a pivotal role in shaping our perspectives and understanding of the world. It serves as a primary source of information and analysis, guiding our views, knowledge, and opinions on various issues. During times of crisis, journalism takes on an even more crucial role, as it provides us with essential insights and helps us make sense of complex events. Its capacity to deliver accurate, unbiased information is invaluable in ensuring that we are well-informed and can ma...