Skip to main content

Alive… But Unheard

 

I’m here.
Living. Standing. Giving.
Doing everything a person is supposed to do.

Yet sometimes, it feels like I don’t exist.

There are moments when I talk… and my words evaporate into thin air.
Moments when I sit among familiar faces, yet feel like a stranger in my own life.
Moments when I quietly wonder:

Am I invisible?
Or just not important enough?

Some people around me care deeply — I know that.
But there are others… who only notice me when they need something.
When there’s a problem to solve.
When money is required.
When responsibility needs to be carried.

Otherwise, silence.

Then the questions creep into my mind:

“Am I being punished for something?
Is this because I’m not good enough?
Or am I just a walking ATM?
A problem-solver, a duty machine… nothing more?”

I don’t want to feel like a “provider who doesn’t deserve emotions.”
I don’t want love only when I’m useful.
I’m human too.
I have a heart, not a built-in engine that endlessly runs without warmth.

There are days when I laugh on the outside,
but inside… there is a quiet ache.
Not anger.
Not hatred.
Just a tired sadness.

Because being physically present but emotionally ignored
is one of the loneliest forms of existence.

But here’s something I’ve realised — slowly, painfully, honestly:

My worth is not measured by how people treat me.
My value is not based on how much I give.
And I am not a sinner just because someone else doesn’t know how to love.

I may not always be celebrated.
I may not always be appreciated.
But I refuse to believe I exist only as a “money tree” or a “solution machine.”

No relationship, no one cares, and that penetrating pain, still didn't pour tears! 

I am a person.
With feelings. With depth. With a soul that deserves to be seen.

So I’m learning to protect my heart.
To stop begging for attention where there is none.
To give love without losing myself.
To stay kind… but not disappear.

One day, people may realise the value of what they had.
Maybe they’ll understand the presence they took for granted.
Maybe they’ll wish they had listened more, cared more, loved better.

Until then, I remind myself:

I am alive.
I matter.
And I deserve to be more than someone’s convenience.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

sathyam - the truths

ദൈവത്തെ കുറിച്ച് നല്ലത് വിചാരിക്കുക, അപ്പോളാണ് അവന്‍ നമ്മെ കുറിച്ച് സംത്രിപ്തനകുന്നത്. അതെ പോലേ ജനങ്ങളെ കുറിച്ചും, അപ്പോള്‍ അവരുമായി നല്ല ആത്മബണ്ടാവും ഉണ്ടാകും. Allah ...He is.. The First: Nothing is before Him. The Last: Nothing is After Him. The Most High: Nothing is Above Him. The Most Near: Nothing is beyond His Reach. He Begets Not, Nor was He Begotten. The Creator, Provider, and All-Rich. The All-Seer, The All-Knower. He is One and Self-Sufficient. He is not Nature, or any part of it. He ascended above His Throne, High above the Seven Skies. No Vision can encompass Him, but His Grasp is over all vision...

The Resilience of the Human Body: A Testament to Nature's Perfection

In our daily lives, we often take for granted the remarkable abilities of our bodies to endure and adapt to the world around us. It's not until a tiny speck of dust lands on our table, or we encounter discomfort, that we pause to consider the remarkable design of our biological systems. Our bodies are, in many ways, a testament to the perfection of nature, capable of defending against external pollutants and maintaining homeostasis under various environmental conditions. The human body is an intricate and highly sophisticated biological machine, comprised of numerous systems working in harmony to ensure our survival and well-being. One of the most remarkable aspects of our design is our immune system, which acts as a vigilant guardian against external pollutants, harmful microorganisms, and foreign substances. When a small speck of dust lands on our skin or is inhaled, our immune system immediately springs into action. Macrophages and other immune cells engulf and neutralize the in...

Reflections of death

A piece of news, no it's a call, spouse shared, shook me recently. Her cousin's husband had passed away. Family, but long gap after last conversation.. Again few other cases also triggered.. Not even someone I spoke with often. But their death triggered a storm inside me. I began to ask myself questions I had buried for years: What is the point of this life? Where am I really standing? What mark have I left behind? If tomorrow I am gone, some who love me may cry. But those who hate me—or those I hurt knowingly or unknowingly—may laugh, even if silently. And many will simply move on, unchanged. What about my children? Will they remember me with tears, or will life sweep them forward too fast? The truth is, I am not a government servant with a title. I hold no political or social power. I never stood in front of society as a leader or influencer. I carry mistakes, sins, regrets. And yet, maybe, somewhere in my journey, I did some good I do not remember— a kind word, a small help,...